what a great week! disney just released three more studio ghibli movies--the cat returns, porco rosso and naussica and i love them all!
i have to say that of the three my favorite is porco rosso just because it's so funny. but i love the other two as well!
and while i'm talking about great and wonderful things, i'd like to add that my back just pinged back into place while i was writing this after being super painful for three days! (i damaged it and my left knee in some stupid accident when i was 18. as a result of youthful indiscretion (i.e.--stupidity) my back goes out about twice a year. but it's all better now! hooray!!)
i was very excited to find out that a penzey's spices retail store had opened in memphis. (it's one of two (??) of their stores in the southern u.s.) finally a place to get different salts, cinnamons and vanillas!!
but guess what! it's located in germantown. a f-ing suburb of memphis. (and a hell of a looooooong drive from where i'm located.) factor in that the store's hours are from 10 am-6 pm and you'll find a rakka that's not going to be shopping at a penzey's anytime soon.
and i was really looking forward to getting some soup bases too. sigh...
actually, it has been pretty great so far! (the lou reed reference was a bit misleading.)
the grocery store was empty and had everything that i needed (a first for that store). the journey of natty gann is on tv. (i *hearted* that movie sooo much when i was little!) bunchofpants is on the radio (on your radio, on your radio. tee hee!) today from 1-3 eastern. and i'm having a dinner party with lots of limey things!
i would do a little dance of happiness, but i'm going to make a lime butter cake instead.
me: yeah! he's been taking pictures of knoxvegas..
me: HAHA! knoxpatch! yeah, well, he's been taking pictures of knoxpatch and there's this statue downtown that i'd totally forgotten about. it's some guy rowing a boat only the boat's half submerged in the bricks. i think it was near the tomato head?
df: hey! near where griffins was!
me: right! anyway, do you remember that statue?
me: i think you puked on it. or was it someone else?
why is it that the major relocation/moving services don't have an online estimator available?
i'm not sure of the exact date that i'm moving or where exactly i'm going to be residing in seattle at this point. i don't want to talk to someone in my area. i HATE having to talk to people when i'm just gathering information. i just want a goddamned estimate to see how much more expensive it's going to be to pay someone to move my crap across the country than to do it myself.
i mean, airlines can provide me with fares, car insurance companies can give me quotes. hell, i can even get a loan online. so why the hell can't the movers just give me a goddamned quote without requiring me to talk to someone!??!?
nyx has tagged me to continue the music meme that's all ovah the web. so here goes.
1. Total amount of music files on your computer? a lot. had to buy an external hard drive to handle it. i don't know how much it is total though.
2. The last CD you bought was... uh...??moanin' by mr. airplane man, i think. unless i can count the last cd that someone sent to me. because that would have been le chevre.
3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message? "on vacation"- the robots ate me
4. Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
1) "paranoid android"--radiohead to me, this song is perfection. also, thom yorke is super hot. (he is. don't argue with me.)
2) "folsom prison blues"--johnny cash i saw the man in black several times when i was a wee rakka. (padre took me to the grand ole opry a lot) i could alternately say "i walk the line" here. both of them remind me of my roots (pronounced "ruts" by people hailing from the same area as me.)
3) "white"--takako minekawa reminds me of the almost perfect summer of 2000 and dr. fusbender who i miss dearly.
4) "run cold"--holly golightly this is on, perhaps, every mix cd i've ever made since i heard the song. i love her. i love that song. it makes me feel like i've died happy!
5) "everybody to the limit"--strongbad it's on constant rotation in my head and there's nothing that i can do about it. so i've made my peace and now we're, like, bff.
5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
bunchofpants because she's a damn fine dj! (and she's on this week!!)
groc because he's the self proclaimed retro-futuro 80s electro king. sort of.
leff because it would make a fine valentine's day present. ok, leff because i'm lazy.
i've been a bit concerned about how all of the extended naps that i've been taking lately have been cutting into my productivity. apparently more concerned than i had realized. last night i dreamt about knitting, just the basic beginning stuff. pretty much just teaching myself in my sleep. and then i had this dream about learning to use chopsticks. (no, i can't use them. it's pathetic.) they were both in first person mode with me watching my hands.
when you have this conversation with yourself-- *cough**hack**cough* why the hell am i *cough*ing so much? i took some 'tussin...(*looks at clock*)...SIX HOURS AGO?!?!? aaah!! f-ing *cough!!* flickr! *COUGH!!*HACK!!!*#@#@$