Saturday, November 10, 2012

uk trip, part two, autumn edition--- cardiff, day 10

day two in the 'diff. and, as usual, after a night out in cardiff, it was time to assess the damage. 

first new thing:  broken pinky toe. a pinky toe that snapped against a chair leg right as shed was leaving. YES I CAN KICK A DRAGON IN THE EYEBALL BUT CHAIRS ARE MY NEMESISES  

second new thing:  my background picture on my phone had changed.


and i had 653 new notes (truth! not an exaggeration!) to myself. all of them variations on "bbbb b b". I SWEAR I LOCKED MY DAMN KEYBOARD ugh whatever. after the night we'd had, i'd say i got off pretty lightly.

BUT HEY CHRISTMAS CAKE FOR BREAKFAST christmas cake can fix ANYTHING. THANK YOU SHED FOR GIVING US THIS CAKE IT WAS DELICIOUS


FUN FACT! THERE IS KNIFECRIME HAPPENING IN THAT ABOVE PHOTO BECAUSE SHED STOLE THAT KNIFE and then gave it to me. HAHAHA I HAVE A KNIFECRIMED KNIFECRIME ISLAND KNIFE I AM STUPID AWESOME

do you SEE my christmas cake breakfast?! i miss it. I MISS THIS CAKE


anyway, it was a slow start to the day mainly due to the return of the cloudz, cloudz 2:  cloud harder.


as such, i nibbled on all the nibbly bits of nibbles that we had around the room



until the sun came out


and we made a mad dash for food. we had thought about going to greggs as it was right near the hotel but OMG THE LINE WHAT THE HELL so we went to this snack bar that i can't pronounce.


where they have american style mustard


and where we both got grilled cheese and onion sandwiches and split an order of chips.


CRAZY DELICIOUS! even the cheapest of cheap foods are SO GOOD in the uk because UNGH CHEESE AND BREAD IS JUST SO MUCH BETTER IN THE UK

and you KNOW how much i love cheese and bread, right? THEY ARE MY FAVORITE

leff and i had planned on walking around downtown cardiff's arcades that day. i was kinda' sad at first because i thought spillers was closed on sundays and this meant that i would SEE it being closed when we walked past  but OMG SURPRISE IT IS NOT CLOSED ON SUNDAYS ANY MORE


MEMPHIS MUSIC IS IN THE WORLD SECTION I LOVE THIS



anyway, leff and i browsed and listened to cds and got periodicals about welsh bands and read the "musician wanted" boards. because YES I AM FINALLY GOING TO FINISH LEARNING HOW TO PLAY BASS AND I AM GOING TO DO IT IN CARDIFF. sigh...

and then we bought two cds and a PETE FOWLER tote bag (picture below). and, ugh, i had to sound all american while i was doing it. (american accents make you sound like a nerd, i swear. welsh dude was being all cool and welsh and rock and i was being all HI YES PLEASE TO BUY THIS MUSIC THANKS. * sads * how is ANYONE going to think i am cool with this accent. *cringe*)

anyway SPILLERS GO TO THERE BUY THINGS FROM THERE IT IS THE BEST

but, um, you can't get the new baltic fleet album because HAHAH I BOUGHT THE LAST COPY IN THE STORE SUCKA WOOO

oh hey! we found my surname eatery


before continuing on to bute park. leff had been calling this "butt park" because it annoyed shed. anyway, butt park is lovely.


HI HEY HELLO MR MAGPIE


below is a video of  underwater frondy action. it's posted mainly so's i can watch it whenever. i love underwater frondy action. it reminds me of that millais painting that everyone knows and loves. (fun fact: that is the only preraph painting i can stand because OMG THE MORALIZING NO THANKS)


you know what i love about the uk? the fact that you can be walking along and then like, POW PRIORY RUINS IN YOUR FACE


i can't even.

also PINE TREES HAVE FUR THEY ARE FUR TREES


and they don't mind if you pet them like a sap.


ace park, cardiff. i mean it. extra plus points for a well placed tea shop! 



after tea, leff and i ambled toward national museum cardiff  because i wanted to catch the "i will never leave this place" (??) show. on the way there I GOT CITADELLED AAAAAAAAAH


hee heee heeeee! seriously though SEE "CITADEL" sooooo goooood! 

but back to national museum cardiff. the show that i had wanted to see had ended BUT IT WAS FINE because artes mundi 5 was up and THAT, cats and kittens, that was good. esp the teresa margolles and phil collins pieces. (NO NOT THE GENESIS DRUMMER what is WITH you?!)

i still have the program from artes mundi and it smells like nice ink. I AM SMELLING THE INK RIGHT NOW because it reminds me of this trip and aw, now i am sad that i am not there and i miss everyone and icepo *sad face*

BUT QUICKLY before i sink into a depression murk, this ad keeps getting better and better tags. (it only had this one sticker six months ago.)


and, hey, it is a robot dude! NOTE TO ALL PEOPLE WHO WANT SPARE CHANGE FROM ME:  DRESS AS A ROBOT AND I WILL GIVE THAT CHANGE TO YOU


but, OH NOES I AM SAD AGAIN BECAUSE IT IS CHATS CAFE HAHAHAHAHAH ha :(


anyway, here's my haul from spillers. I DIE THAT BAG I HAVE TOTES DONE TOTED SOMETHING IN THAT TOTE ALREADY


also, here is my dinner from that night. i loves the bahjiis. BAHJIIIIIIIIIII!!


OH and this snail shell that shed handed me. i mean, it's pretty and i love shells and rocks and stuffs but HA YOU CANNOT BRING FOREIGN SNAIL PARTS INTO THE US. i will show you the customs form proof soon. sadly, this had to stay in the 'diff.


I WAS ALL WEEPING ANGEL ABOUT THAT SNAIL SHELL


HAHAH YOU WERE NOT EXPECTING THAT PICTURE I WIN

TOMORROW: Our last full day in the UK AWWWWWWWWWWWW!! BUT!! ROAD TRIP TO GLOUCESTER WITH SHED AND SHED JR! WE MEET GARETH AND GARETH JR AT THE CATHEDRAL!!!  it was the best of times it was adventure time at the nandos. CHECK BACK TOMORROW

No comments: