nyx has tagged me to continue the music meme that's all ovah the web. so here goes.
1. Total amount of music files on your computer? a lot. had to buy an external hard drive to handle it. i don't know how much it is total though.
2. The last CD you bought was... uh...??moanin' by mr. airplane man, i think. unless i can count the last cd that someone sent to me. because that would have been le chevre.
3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message? "on vacation"- the robots ate me
4. Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
1) "paranoid android"--radiohead
to me, this song is perfection. also, thom yorke is super hot. (he is. don't argue with me.)
2) "folsom prison blues"--johnny cash
i saw the man in black several times when i was a wee rakka. (padre took me to the grand ole opry a lot) i could alternately say "i walk the line" here. both of them remind me of my roots (pronounced "ruts" by people hailing from the same area as me.)
3) "white"--takako minekawa
reminds me of the almost perfect summer of 2000 and dr. fusbender who i miss dearly.
4) "run cold"--holly golightly
this is on, perhaps, every mix cd i've ever made since i heard the song. i love her. i love that song. it makes me feel like i've died happy!
5) "everybody to the limit"--strongbad
it's on constant rotation in my head and there's nothing that i can do about it. so i've made my peace and now we're, like, bff.
5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
bunchofpants because she's a damn fine dj! (and she's on this week!!)
groc because he's the self proclaimed retro-futuro 80s electro king. sort of.
leff because it would make a fine valentine's day present. ok, leff because i'm lazy.