Tuesday, June 12, 2007

cupcakes and my new phone

i'll spare you the boring details of monday and skip right to the cupcakes. i made two different kinds for the lovely volunteers at 826 seattle. here are the lemon cupcakes with a raspberry jam center and cream cheese icing.



yep, there's really jam in the center.



and green tea cupcakes with cream cheese icing.



i tried to make tiny won ton origami cranes for the top but i ran out of time and patience. so candy sakura blossoms and a slice of almond it is.

two more shots





and we'll move on to my new toy. yes, that's right. after two years with my wonderful old phone, i've switched to a razr. i don't know if i'll regret it or not.



i already feel like i'm cheating on my sharp tm 150 whose only problem was a failing battery life. but this is my fault for anthropomorphizing it. which is silly.

time for me to close up shop here and get working on the new shelves. "new shelves?" says you. ah, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

6 comments:

Phil Wilson said...

I hear that the Razr is still one of the best phones in the States. Good luck with it :)

r4kk4 said...

i read the product reviews before upgrading and the only problem seems to be with web browsing.

since i never use my phone for that, i think i'll be ok. my main problem so far is that it's so much smaller than my last phone that i keep forgetting that i've got it in my pocket! ;D

santos. said...

ha! when you mentioned that you had to make cupcakes for 826 volunteers, i thought you had to make 826 of 'em. phew!

r4kk4 said...

heh! i just realized that yesterday morning but i didn't change it because it made me laugh! ;D

Anonymous said...

I just bought the "old" razr in pink too! :)

r4kk4 said...

eep! we're phone twinkies! :D!