despite the doom and gloom clouds outside this morning, it's nice and bright inside.
i've been doing so much less than normal that i could probably claim that i've joined the slow life movement. (i kid, slow life practitioners. you have some good ideas, i just don't have the time right now. hee hee.)
ok, so i say that i haven't been doing anything but i've finished this needlework for the kat. finally.
that needs to be ironed so badly.
and i've been watching black books a lot. and walking and walking and walking to shake off the nerves. so, yeah, i've been doing things but i haven't been very productive.
ah well, there are much worse things in life than not being especially productive.
anywho, sir pips a lot (who is 27 today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PIP!!!) tagged me with this five things meme. which is a list of five things that you probably don't know about me. so er, here they are.
1) i came in twelth place in the national french exam but i remember so little of the language that it's as if i never studied it in the first place.
2) i once had a job painting a mural for the adult section of a video rental. i painted palm trees and the slogan "for educational purposes only" on the wall. (in tn, you can only rent porn "for educational purposes". seriously, tennesseans, read the video rental contract the next time you have to sign one.)
3) i'm related to will rogers.
4) when i speak, i can't differentiate between the words "ten" and "tin", "pen" and "pin", "den" and "din", etc. (it's a verbal tic specific to the region where i grew up.) so when i need a pen, i ask for a "writing implement", "ten" is "you know, one more than nine.", "tin" is often referred to as "that metal? you know, the one that starts with "t"...what's it called? no, not titanium.". you can see where this is going.
5) i used to show horses all western styley. (i almost look like will rogers in that picture! haha!)
so which five people do i tag? hmmm....i think i'll burden pants, groc, burnt, wp and a.
and now to wait for the snow to arrive in seatac. i really want to make a hello kitty snowman and the weather hasn't cooperated with me yet.